4.28.2010

The Train Station

"Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen, if you do not let the doors close, the train will not leave the station!" she said in a very shrill yell for the 500th time. The doors would open and then close, open and then close, each time trying to reach the seal that would allow the train to move.


The doors of the over-crowded car would part as though it were gasping for air. Yet, each attempted breath only inhaled more water. The doors moved, only for a second, and three more people jumped on.

Attempted close #5--fail.

Again, it opened.

Only a two inch gap between the glass panels this time as it shut, and Time Magazine flew in to stop the doors. They opened again and a boot flew in. The woman who owned the boot tried to pry her way through, but only moments later she was trying to pry her way out--her boot was stuck, and so was the foot holding her body to the train--this time the doors did not open.


Another tug and the boot came out--we were off.

The man squished next to me coughed.

* * *

National Geographic was great. Started with some grunt work, of course, but I'm hoping to climb my way up soon enough. Today I began with an episode of the show I'll be working on ("Border Wars"), then logged supers and captions, and worked on web copy. So, just a start.

* * *

"Excuse me, is this 125th? Oh, I'm getting off here." Next stop? THE TOP!

1 comment:

Katy said...

SO FUN to hear about your adventure beginning!! Keep it up--I miss our nightly chats; blogging is probably the closest we can get!