4.06.2012

Found a Breath of Fresh Air

I went to Radiolab LIVE "In the Dark" at Capital Theater.

I LOVED it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it.


Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich

I've listened to Radiolab for years, but it always reminds me of hot summer afternoons riding the subway home in NYC. 

Don't know what Radiolab is? Listen to at least one episode here. You'll love it. It's a podcast that explores ideas in a fast-paced, fresh fold of audio and expertise, not to mention the casual and entertaining nature of the two hosts. 

I couldn't believe I saw them LIVE! 

The show walked through the development and miracle of the eye, including how it adjusts to light.  The second part of the show shared the incredible story of a NASA astronaut who found himself locked outside his aircraft in the deathly black of sun-less space. 

The voices of Jad and Robert accompanied by some awesome music and funky dancing--couldn't have asked for anything more to help bring me out of my blah. 

No comments: