12.23.2009

Google Yourself

Finals ended. Holidays started.
It's been a wonderful year, and I had plans to write all about my current life quandaries, excitements, understandings, and opinions, but instead, I can't bring myself to ignore a discovery I made this evening. Finally getting past the semester, I've just sat down to reacquaint myself with this wonderful online journal of mine, and in doing so I've been pleasantly distracted with the number of hits I've had from people (boys) googling their names and finding themselves on my dating list. I even had a friend of mine inform me of his discover of my blog. I only wish people would leave comments so I could have more reactions than just that of this solitary friend. The irony of this whole googling thing is for as much as we'd like to know what other people can discover about us by googling our name, we seem to only google our own names!
I hadn't intended to make such a list--I truly haven't kept it all my life, I merely complied it during a boring day in my creative writing class a day before posting it--but I'm sure glad I did, seeing how much entertainment it has brought me.
So, go ahead, now that you've read this, you know you want to--google yourself.

No comments: