9.01.2010

September the First

I've recently started a new goal program with a friend. It's not an incredibly complex system, but it helps us both stay on track.

At the beginning of every school year and the start of every calendar year my mom says the same thing: "This is the year." I'm not in school any more (weird), and it's not the time of New Year's resolutions, but I really feel "this is the year."

Recently I've had several opportunities to sneak out and lounge quietly in the sun with my novel. I feel like a mother looking for 5 minutes peace as I carefully open the door and close it silently behind me. But yesterday felt extra special. I was met on the front porch by the kiss of fall, as the chill of the season rode in with the breeze. I felt life rush in me. "This is the year."

1 comment:

Rachy Rach said...

That explains why you're not down in Provo. Miss you! Love you!