3.04.2011

I'm Engaged!

I'm pretty sure that everyone who actually reads my blog already knows this, but I wanted to post it anyway. I love saying "I'm Engaged!" as many times as possible, so you'll have to indulge me for a moment.

I am so happy. This is so right. And I am so excited!

My road with Robbie has been a bumpy one, and it has taken us a long time to come to this decision and to find this happiness. But I am very grateful for every bump and twist in the path that lead us to the strong relationship we have now.

The decision to get married is a scary one, and requires a lot of faith and trust. In some ways, being single can be much easier than relying on and caring for someone in addition to yourself. However, I feel that with the added difficulty, comes an added measure of happiness!

I feel marriage follows after the pattern of Adam and Eve. We leave a state of child-like innocence, accepting the fact that life's difficulties and potential for pain increase, but also look forward to our ability for joy and knowledge and progression to increase and deepen and grow so beautifully.

Robbie and I will be married on May 21, 2011 in the Salt Lake Temple.

We signed on a cute, very old, little house in Lehi, where we will start our life together.

In our new {old} house.

3 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

Incredible.

This right here:
"My road with Robbie has been a bumpy one, and it has taken us a long time to come to this decision and to find this happiness. But I am very grateful for every bump and twist in the path that lead us to the strong relationship we have now.

The decision to get married is a scary one, and requires a lot of faith and trust. In some ways, being single can be much easier than relying on and caring for someone in addition to yourself. However, I feel that with the added difficulty, comes an added measure of happiness!"

This is truth and honesty and realness. I love it.

Um! A HOUSE?!??! Ahhh, please post photos. Like 1,000 okay? I need to see every nook and inch :)

Your wedding will be lovely!

kara lynn said...

congratulations!! so exciting! and i am so happy for you!

Kozy said...

Congrats congrats Anna!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!