9.17.2007

Why Do I Feel Guilty?



I just got a letter from an Elder serving in the Brazil Curitiba Mission. While reading his words my stomach became wound into knots and my heart became sick. Why do I feel so guilty about not being able to make myself like someone, just because they like me? I cannot force love, but he cannot stop it. He said his final good-byes to me and wished me a good life. After years of telling him that I could not like him he has finally gotten the message, but that doesn’t make me happy. I wish him the best of luck in his mission, in life, and in love. But I still do not, will not, and cannot love him. My heart bleeds for the loss we share, but not for him. It is nobody’s fault, but why do I feel so guilty?

2 comments:

EwR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EwR said...

Delete Comment From: I AM
EwR said...
It sounds like he should have got the message a lot faster than he did. I'm sure that if he could, he'd apologize to you for all the trouble, grief, and guilt he made you feel.