9.14.2007

Never Enough





Why does the world pressure me to be more than is possible? Some aspects of life are purely designed for failure. I can be pretty, but not gorgeous; nice but not as nice as the guy before me; smart, skilled, fast, successful, affluent, friendly, talented, early, but not enough. I will never be one on the top; someone will always be better.


Perfection by definition does not exist. The term when applied to reality is purely up to personal interpretation; either manipulated as an ego booster by including attributes one has already obtained, or built to depict an unreachable feat which will tear us down in our efforts to reach. If we look at perfection as being without fault, blemish, or loss, than perfection really is unobtainable. This is the standard of the world, and yet it is the world that suffers imperfection.


The pressures are there,





but I will never measure up to expectations.






No comments: