5.17.2008

Yesterday:

I’m trying to catch you up on the portions of my life that time has not permitted me to write. I didn’t really do anything exciting for most of the day. After sleeping in until 7:30, I worked from 9am-4:30pm. It was a really long day. I was actually supposed to work until 5:30ish, but I felt sick and became incredibly unproductive so I just left.
Because I got home a little earlier than planned, I had my “talk” with Mike. It was ok… I’m just not exactly sure how to express my feelings about relationships to myself all the time, and yet he wants me to explain them to him. Honestly, his intentions are pure, but if he wants to get to know me, he needs to get to know more about me than my thoughts and feelings about current and past relationships!!! I really don’t like that he doesn’t make me laugh. I think that most of my fabulous conversations are about either incredibly serious or humorous topics. He rarely covers either. Don’t get me wrong…he is a great guy and trying really hard. I know that I am being incredibly harsh but something really is missing. He is a great guy that I enjoy spending time with on my good days, but he isn’t emotionally there for me on my bad days when I probably need someone the most. If one’s company can’t weather my bad days, they simply won’t last for the good. I don’t know what to do…
Our talk was cut rather short though when I was called away to attend my “Mexi-party” with Rachel and Stephanie. It was great! I still felt sick during the first half though, so that was kinda a bummer, but the evening progressed quite nicely. Honestly, I really can’t go shopping with those girls and expect to get out of the store when planned! We really are time wasters when together. Dinner of Spanish rice, tacos, and toquitoes was great! During and afterward we discussed a variety of topics and really had an enjoyable evening together. There was only a small interruption of me locking myself out of my apartment by accident—first, and hopefully last, time this year.

No comments: