11.12.2009

My Bucket List

While in high school, my A.P. English teacher asked for a list of the 100 things we wanted to do before we died. I can remember seriously considering what to put on my list for about the first twenty-five, and then google searching others' lists and copying likable sections just to fill the assignment. I don't know where that list is now--probably in a bucket, buried deep under the stairs in my parents' basement (the irony--my bucket list, buried six-feet under).

I hope to live to a ripe old age (whatever that means); but I would hate to get there and not feel as though I had lived my dreams. So, this way, if I make a list I can be sure to stay on task for the next 50 years. And while "100" feels like such a daunting number to begin with, ten seems more manageable for now--and I will most definitely add to it as I go.

1. Go to Africa
2. Write a novel
3. Air one of my documentaries
4. Road trip across country
5. Get married
6. Acquire photography skills
7. Play "Drive" by Incubus on my guitar
8. Go on a cruise
9. Get my master's degree
10. Compete in an amateur ballroom competition

What's on your list?

1 comment:

Merkley Jiating said...

I have a list of 100 things I had to write in 9th grade! About 40 of them say, "Go to [insert country]. I REALLY want to travel!