6.13.2010

Moving Forward, Moving Over, Moving Through

When I introduced myself at National Geographic to all of the "higher uppers," they asked me what my goals were for the summer and what I thought they could to do help me expedite them.

I was honest.

I said I was here to figure out the rest of my life. They all laughed, and so did I. Then they told me they couldn't help me because they hadn't figured it out for themselves at 50 years old. "Join the club."

Much time and thought over the past few months has gone into this trying to "figure out the rest of my life." I'm at one of the biggest turning points I've ever reached. After so much time deliberating over my many wonderful options, I know I must move forward; but I still haven't figured out which directions that's in yet.

In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on what I'm know I'm supposed to do now. And I know I'm supposed to move over to my new apartment. As of this week, nearly everyone I came to the city with will be gone. Today I met my new roommates briefly at church. I can't express the blessings that have led me to these girls. Maybe I'm passing premature judgements, but I think I'm really going to love living with them. They're nice. I miss nice people.

I have a lot to share with you about my choices, thoughts, and decisions, but I'll get to that another time. I just know I'm looking for happiness, and I need to remember to find that in getting through every day, not just getting to the next.

God's got my back, even when I'm not patient enough to see it.

3 comments:

meg fee said...

oh this made me laugh! good to know that men at the age of 50 in secure and good jobs haven't figured life out either.

but you're right about God having your back, that's something i need to remember as well.

thank you for your gorgeous comment on my blog. it's nice to know i'm not alone in feeling the things i feel. nice to know there's someone like you out there having a similar experience and we're all in it together.

enjoy ny!

Katy said...

Oh man, so many blog posts! It feels like Christmas!!

And it's good to know we're not the only ones tryign to figure it all out as we go. I'm so glad you've found good housing!

Maren said...

You're not alone, Anna! *hugs*