8.07.2010

More Money?

National Geographic asked me to return and accept their job offer by mid-August.

I have no money, and I only just got home.

I didn't feel it was right for me at this time, and that my wage wouldn't work out to be very much after a plane ticket back out there and monthly rent in New York. The offer was very flattering, but I wanted more time with my family and boy before I picked up and headed back to the city.

So, I told National Geographic.

They understood completely.

And that's why they offered me another job that paid more money (lots more) and came with benefits and stability.

They said they really want me.

Dang.

Now what?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Take it! Best. opportunity. ever.

You would do great things there! Love you pretty...

Creole Wisdom said...

I think you should take it, too. I think it would be wonderful for you. Hell, if you don't want it pass it to me.

On the other hand I understand needing to be close to your folks. I love living in MN and having my support system by.

That being said, in the comm and creative industries jobs WITH benefits that pay well and pay for plane tickets... pretty much UNHEARD of.

You may not get another chance like this for a while, and I say that in a loving, kind, "big sis" kind of way. Because it's a tough market out there.

I say pray about it. I think the Lord will follow through on this one, like He does on anything.

I love you Anna, you are brilliant and wonderful!

Rachelle said...

Wow! That's amazing. My only advice...pray lots.

Thanks for the info about psycho girl. It's pretty crazy the weirdos that are out there. I for one, would never do that.

Rachy Rach said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I'm praying for you.