10.21.2009

My Head Hurts

Why do I get upset about the most stupid things. Today should have been an amazing day, but for some reason it just wasn't. I'm tired, my head hurts and I'm abnormally grumpy. First of all, I missed three questions on my ELang grammar assignment. Why are the rules surrounding effect/affect so difficult for me? Then at work I just felt a hole. My coworker was laid-off on Monday at BYUB for "financial reasons." I suppose the claim of financial problems is legit, but management really handled the whole thing poorly. The day she was notified, with no prior warning whatsoever mind you, all of her daily radio tracks were turned over to a student and the combination locks on all of the doors were changed. Yesterday she came in to clear out the rest of her belongings and get her work from the computer to build a resume tape of her productions. But, like I said, the door was locked and they removed her rights from the computer so she couldn't get on--but technically it was her last day as still an employee! Horrible. So, I guess seeing her corner cleared out and dark just left a bad taste in my mouth. And my other coworker wanted to talk about a mutual male friend of ours who I might be interested in, but I've been on this 'no gossip' kick, and have no interest in talking about boys. Then in my dance class we've been practicing our performance routine for next Wednesday--which I have been more than excited about--but my teacher changed my partner for height reasons. I was ticked! I shouldn't have been; I should have been charitable and happy I could make accommodations so my partner could go to a taller girl without a partner, but I wasn't! I wish I could feel that way, but it's no use. I'm no longer excited about my performance whatsoever. After that I watched a video recording of myself in my next class. I realized how unattractive I am. I knew I wasn't supermodel quality, but I never thought I was plain. Then I did very poorly on another quiz. If average on these quizzes is three points, shouldn't the professor give it up?! Oh, and after feeling really excited to find I got "accepted" to the NY Nat Geo internship, I found out it wont be final until MARCH! I don't know if I can wait that long. My head hurts.

No comments: