10.26.2009

Spontanious?

Ok, so I'm supposed to be writing a short story right now for my Adv. Creative Writing class, but instead I'm going to tell you a short story. :)
I took off to California last weekend on a whim! I've been thinking about my college experience for the past several weeks and realized I haven't done anything "special." Oh, believe me, I have college stories, but they didn't seem to be enough. I wanted spontaneity--something I'm actually quite terrible at doing. I haven't missed a day of school in two years, and the day I missed two years ago was only for my interview to be accepted into my major! It was time. I needed excitement, fun and adventure. So, when an email came asking if I could help film a documentary in California, what do I do? I went!


Beautiful Beach

Erin R., Brittney G., Brooke G., Me

Erin R., Brittney G., Brooke G., Me

Brittney G., Me, Brooke G.
(The man in the background with the spearfishing stick and tattoos
carried me through the rocks in the next picture!)

Dangerous rocks

Erin's friend Kevin caught a fish spearfishing

Showing of his Halibut--just before wiping
some of the blood on his cheeks!

Beautiful sunsets


Seaweed hugged my ankles, saltwater kissed my lips,
the sun warmed my soul and waves washed my spirits fresh.

3 comments:

Rachy Rach said...

Yay!! It looks like you had a ton of fun! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on finally missing class. :)

Me said...

You did what?! I never thought I'd see the day you'd willingly miss school!! YEY YOU!! :D
It looked stunning, I love the sound of the ocean. :)

Katy said...

Okay in the story you told me you failed to mention the, um, physical features of the heroic spearfishing friend. Which is to say, you didn't say the dude who carried you over the rocks was perhaps mildly-to-full-on attractive! Shoot, girl, shoot!