7.06.2010

Witches

Trauma! So, apparently when you put your camera's memory card straight into your Mac laptop, it does all of these weird conforming things that basically keeps it from ever being able to take another picture again. Like I said, trauma! Well, maybe yours doesn't do that, but mine did.

Three Best Buy employees tried to help me figure it out, but they concluded together, "Just buy a new one."

So, $15 and a week later, I'm back.

YOU may not need a camera to post on your blog, but I needed one to be able to catch you up on all of this!

I filmed with Nat Geo at this store of witchcraft in the Bronx.


They had a potion for everything.
Today's top sellers were "Fast Money" and "Strong Love."

The owner (who doesn't believe in "magical" powers) took us into the basement.

...dun, dun, DUN!

This is where the magic happens!

They make most of the stuff in-house.

Water, coloring, perfume, and a label.

Voila!

Magical potion!

The owner, Jason, was the grandson of the original owner. His grandfather started the store after emigrating from Turkey. Jason said that although he doesn't believe in products, he believes in the self-fulling power of confidence that comes from bathing in a "Strong Love" bath.

I need to get myself some of that--or maybe as an unpaid intern in New York I should focus on "Fast Money."

Moving up from the potion factory in the basement and the store on the main floor, there was a temple on the top floor. According to the witch that owned and worked the temple, "this is where all religions come together and are married."

Basically, there was a bit of everything up there--including her black cat, caldron, and broomstick!

Thank goodness for Nat Geo access, or I never would have met a witch!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Best blog-bionge EVER

Katy said...

ALSO,
a)I misspelled 'binge' in my previous comment because I was hurrying becuase an office-mate was about to come over and see me commenting on your blog rather than working, and
b)it is my birthday in like a week, and um since you HAVE these sweet witchcraftery hook-ups, a bottle of Strong Love would not come amiss, you know what I'm saying? Katy's turning 23 and could use some mystical help from the great beyond, is what I'm saying.

Maren said...

That is incredibly cool! :D You get to see such neat stuff. And while you're at it, if there's a potion that supposedly makes you remember all the math you learned in junior high, could you ship it to me? ;)