11.29.2010

Thanksgiving Recap

I ate some turkey. Played some games. And got sick.

Really though, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving week with family and boy! We managed to visit both sides of my family, and everyone traveled to and from all gatherings safely! 

My brother, Josh, drove to Colorado to have Thanksgiving with his girlfriend (we have yet to get the full update on that one), and they successfully traveled through the storm. So, safety was one of the big things I found myself being grateful for this year. 

Boy and I didn't get to visit his family, on account that they're in a different state and all--too far to drive for just the weekend. ..............however, I will be visiting over Christmas break! I know, kind of a big deal, right? I go back and forth between being nervous and excited. Mostly, I'm just trying to convince myself it's not a big deal at all. But who am I trying to kid. 

That's a whole four weeks away though, so for now I'm just going to worry about my Christmas shopping, driving all over the state through the snow to my different interpreting assignments, and picking my next novel to read while hunkered down in some warm blankets. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Maren said...

Ben Hur is a good Christmas book if you haven't already read it.
Have fun panicking about Christmas! :P