5.06.2010

Cirque de Soleil

We saw this show on Randall Island.
It was amazing!

So, Garrett and I met up after we both got off work, and the adventure began. We ran all over town trying to find the right subways and buses to get us to the island. It was rather distressing, and quite exhausting (Side note: Each time we asked for directions, the person would say, "just a few more blocks that way." Didn't take us too long to catch on that "a few more blocks" was some evil New Yorker joke on the tourists to keep them running in circles! ...15 bazillion blocks later, we found the bus. *sigh of relief*), but eventually we got there!






Do you notice how there aren't throngs of people surrounding us? Well, we got there just as they were closing the doors. We were the last ones to get in!

Yum...

Garrett got me started on the wrap since I didn't think it would fit in my mouth.
Guess it didn't quite fit in his either...

Guess "getting it started" didn't help much. :)



I've seen things like this before, and I always end up walking away with the attitude of, "oh, that was cool." But every time I felt a little ho hum at Cirque de Soleil, they would add something, and then add a little more, and add some more until you said, "No way! Wow!" I couldn't believe how many times I ended up saying "wow."

Other fun parts of the evening:
One of the performers jumped up out of the chairs close to us, and Garrett flew out of his chair in horror. I'm pretty sure he was more scared than the little kid down the row. It was humorous.

And we stole two bags of popcorn from the garbage can! Guess we were in an adventurous mood that evening. Somehow taking food from the garbage can seemed to be a good idea at the time...

1 comment:

Rachy Rach said...

Ooh fun! Popcorn out of the trash can? Nice. :) You should tell me more about this night. Hint hint.