5.17.2010

The Flea Market

Started the day off fairly early to hit up the Chelsea Flea Market.

Two floors of junk and the people who own it!

One of my favorite things were the boxes of old photographs.
I can't help be imagine the stories of their lives.

Seriously?! Did they steal these from someone's old photo album???

"If you ladies are really interested in buying that, I could bring down the price."

OH. MY. GOODNESS. $850?!
No thank you, lady.

Blast from the past!
5" plastic platform shoes and a hat full of strange black flakes.
(Sorry for asking you to model it, Kylee!)

I LOVE old things.
Looking through this newspaper from the 70s had the same effect as looking through the old pictures. The ads, articles, and op-eds tell so much about the people writing and reading the paper, and yet not enough to satisfy my curiosity.

An old Polaroid camera.

After playing with it, I couldn't get the front to close up again...oops.
Funny thing is, you can't even tell if you've broken something at a flea market!

This is the beginnings of 3D.
Little did they know what we would come up with.

In the end, I didn't buy anything, but a woman did let me have the coolest postcard ever for free! We met so many cool people like the man from West Africa selling tribal masks, the woman with the claw coming out of her shirt, and the men bartering their cheap jewelry back and forth between booths (probably been passing that necklace back and forth at different prices for years.

No comments: