5.17.2010

City Sights

We had fun taking ANOTHER personalized walking tour around the city to see what we could find.

The Trinity Church was so beautiful, and wonderfully peaceful. Many people ran the two blocks to this building during 9/11 to find sanctuary within its walls.

I love old churches.

Look at the tall ceilings! Each of the old chairs had a red velvet prayer pillow underneath.

I couldn't help but think of something a friend of mine wrote recently on her blog of others seeing the light of Christ in her eyes. We are of different faiths, but I really had to pause in this great edifice and recognize the beauty and truthfulness of God in all religions.

We were so lucky to sit in the chapel during choir practice! Such beautiful sounds--an a cappella, all men's choir.


And you can't be in New York and not go SHOPPING!!!!
(...I didn't buy anything...........Actually, I just talked to my mom on the phone while the other girls looked around. Nobody told me "discount" still meant $200--not really in the budget of a non-paid intern.)

While walking we ran into this man who was "cleaning the street"--who does that?
...well, someone working on a film shoot for the next Tiffany commercial does!

Here's the model!
How did I get such a wonderful picture, you ask?
So, I guess I'm really good and sticking my nose places it doesn't belong (blame it on the journalism part of me), or I'm just too blonde to pay attention sometimes, but apparently I hadn't realized I passed the "do not pass" line and was standing right next to the commercial director! ...oops.
(Bwahahaha!)

Fixing her hair before the cameras start rolling.

Fans (both people and machines)....
Cameras....

Action!

Look! More maps!
(and the camera on wrist...we were dead giveaways...)

Another beautiful church.

Wall Street!
...the place where dreams come true...

...and nightmares happen.

The border between China Town and Little Italy.
So many things!
So many people!
So many smells!


1 comment:

Creole Wisdom said...

I just love hearing about your fun adventures in NYC.

How fun to explore to city and enjoy all there is to offer.

Thanks for the link. You are a peach.

Those old churches are works of art!!!