5.07.2010

Film Shoot

I got to go with the National Geographic Television crew and help out with their film shoot on a documentary about 9/11.


The nice police officers that hung out with me for the morning took me back to a restricted area so that I could take these pictures:

Where the Twin Towers used to be.

Ground zero.

Behind me and to the right is the Freedom Tower. It's being built to commemorate the Twin Towers.




Our next stop for the film shoot was the fire station that was the first to arrive on scene when the towers collapsed.





Cheesy, I know. The firefighters were trying to get me to pole dance...this was the best I could come up with.

Wearing the Captain's hat.

The department actually got called to fight a fire while we were there.



Next stop, everywhere else!

Carrying all of the bags (oh, the many times I have carried camera bags...) around the city.

The blind guy with the dog is a major character in the documentary we were filming. He was on the 71st floor of one of the towers when it went down. His dog guided him out amid the chaos.
I love the cool gadget our photog used in this shot. He attached the camera to a monopod, and then plugged these goggles into the camera. He can see the shot through the goggles! So cool!
We filmed close to where a lot of Law and Order film crews work.
Law and Order--pure awesomeness!

The producer asked me to be in the documentary! Here I am being "comforted" while looking over the Hudson. That guy is a "real actor." haha!
I also had a close up scene in another part.
Mostly, I just run though a lot of shots in a "scared and hurried fashion."
Watch National Geographic Channel on Sept. 11 of this year and you might see me!
er, at least you'll see my feet a lot!

I had to catch a taxi home from the shoot. My first taxi all by myself!

1 comment:

Rachy Rach said...

Pole dancing? Look at you, Ms. Anna. ;) Did you wave the taxi by yourself? If you did, you're legit!