5.21.2010

That Thang You Do

Thank goodness today was Friday! For some reason this week has gone by so incredibly slowly, and today at work I was just dying! The sun was shining outside, and I was stuck in the office falling asleep at my computer. Finally I convinced my coworker to give me "permission" to leave early (mind you, I said my coworker, not my boss). He did. So, I did.

Here's the scoop for the day:

1. Most of my time at work today went to logging (transcribing/describing) footage for an episode of Border Wars on this group of illegal immigrants that tried to cross from Mexico to America but got caught in this river and drowned. It was horrible! You know those parts of television shows that are blurred out or even cut out completely because they're not appropriate for the general pubic? Well, someone's got to do the cutting...
Such horrible scenes probably contributed to my wanting to leave work early.
But I also got to transcribe the discussions in an anger management meeting with some of the inmates inside the Denver County Jail. ...very interesting.

2. I went salsa dancing! Let's just say, some young men like dancing very close...and some old men do too! Also interesting.

3. Went to a Gray's Papaya (famous for their hotdogs) and got a hotdog!

4. Went to Shake Shack (famous for their shakes) and got a custard sunday!



After a very long day, here was one of my favorite parts:

I had a very difficult time deciding what to get at the Shake Shack. I'm a very habitual person by nature, you see, and I always get oreos and chocolate sauce. But they didn't have oreos. So, I decided to ask the kind-looking man at the cash register. We'll call him Shawn. He leaned over the register and had a very in-depth discussion helping me decide what I wanted. In the end, Shawn smiled and said that we was going to make my sunday himself.
In spite of the crazy lines in this famous shack, he did in fact run over and make it himself! He gave me a larger size than I had ordered, added a few extra topping, and handed it over with another very gracious smile.

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

I love Shake Shack. The burgers are amazing. I thought that is what they were famous for!

Katy said...

Way to work the system! Girl, you ain't got them looks for nothing!